| The latest breakthrough in joint health care.
- Potent combination of nutrients.
- Two times more effective in helping joint discomfort versus glucosamine and chondroitin alone.
Schiff Nutrition Group Inc. (NYSE: WNI), a pioneer and leader in the natural supplement category and creator of the best-selling Move Free® brand of joint care products, is introducing the latest breakthrough in joint health care, new Move Free® Advanced. Building on the well-studied ingredient combination of glucosamine and chondroitin, the Move Free® Advanced formulation adds Uniflex™ and Joint Fluid which make the product two times more effective in relieving joint pain than triple strength glucosamine and chondroitin alone.
“A preliminary, independent, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted in Miami in 2004 for eight weeks comparing the new formula to glucosamine and chondroitin. Adding Uniflex™ and Joint Fluid creates a potent combination of nutrients that is two times more effective in helping joint discomfort versus glucosamine and chondroitin alone, as measured by the medical standard WOMAC pain score. In addition, Move Free® Advanced works in as little as seven to 14 days, versus four to eight weeks for products containing glucosamine and chondroitin alone,” said Luke Bucci, Ph.D., vice president of research for Schiff.
• Uniflex™, a dual bioflavonoid antioxidant system, protects joints from radical oxidants that accelerate the breakdown of cartilage and joint tissues, and it helps to keep joints working better and feeling younger. It is comprised of a patent pending, proprietary plant-based extract. Uniflex™ has potent joint comforting properties and has no reported serious adverse effects on stomach linings or other tissues.
• Joint Fluid is Hyaluronic Acid, a compound found naturally in synovial (joint) fluid. Joint Fluid sends signals to the body to repair the joints and manufacture more Hyaluronic Acid, thus helping to lubricate joints. Joint Fluid has been clinically shown to be absorbed directly into joints when orally ingested.
• Glucosamine, a natural amino sugar produced by the body, plays an important role in providing the building blocks for healthy cartilage. Glucosamine maintains healthy joint function by feeding, cushioning and nourishing cartilage. Just as calcium builds strong bones, glucosamine helps strengthen joints.
• Chondroitin, a naturally occurring nutrient in the connective tissue, attracts water to the area, making the cartilage more elastic and better able to absorb shock.
According to a recent independent survey of more than 225 primary care physicians, orthopedic surgeons and rheumatologists, nine out of 10 doctors preferred the Move Free® Advanced formula over glucosamine and chondroitin alone.
Move Free® Advanced is available in two formulas – Move Free® Advanced and Move Free® Advanced Plus MSM – and can be found at club stores, mass merchandisers, grocery stores, pharmacies, health food and drug stores nationwide.