- Promotes vision and eye health.
- Contains 25,000 IU of vitamin A (as beta-carotene) per softgel.
- Benefits the heart and other organs.
- Helps maintain the skin and hair.
- Supports immune function.
- Offers valuable antioxidant.
- The body easily converts nontoxic form of vitamin A as needed.
Beta-carotene is the pigment responsible for giving yellow vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes their coloring. It is one of the major carotenoids and one of the most biologically active of more than 1,000 carotenoids in food. Beta-carotene is one of the most important naturally occurring antioxidants.
Beta-carotene may be referred to as provitamin A in some literature because the liver easily converts it into vitamin A (retinol). While excessive amounts of vitamin A may be toxic, the body will convert only as much beta-carotene as needed, making it a safe source for vitamin A. Beta-carotene and vitamin A are vitally important to good health. They may impact you in a variety of areas:
- Promote vision and eye health.
- Maintain reproduction and fertility.
- Help protect the mucous membranes, reducing susceptibility to infection.
- Are necessary for growth and repair of body tissues.
- Current medical research shows that food rich in beta-carotene helps reduce the risk of certain serious lung and oral problems.
- Promote bone growth and tooth development.
- Help maintain healthy skin and hair.
As a powerful antioxidant, beta-carotene destroys free radicals including singlet oxygen. This oxygen is missing an electron and is very damaging to human tissue if not quickly scavenged.
: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel capsule daily with meals, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Contains No Added:
Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule(s)
|Ingredients||Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin A (as beta carotene)||25000 iu || 500%|
Notes: Beta carotene is a non-toxic form of Vitamin A. The body controls the conversion of beta carotene into Vitamin A in accordance with its needs. Until conversion, beta carotene is safely stored in the body.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, water, (May contain soybean oil and/or beeswax).
sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Keep out of reach of children.
QUALITY AND POTENCY GUARANTEED
Beta-sitosterol - Studies regarding prostate support