Information on German Measles (Rubella)
Notes, Nutrients, Herbs/Supplements, and Advice
Back to Disorder Library
German Measles (Rubella)
Another name for this disorder is 3-day measles. This is an infection that primarily targets the skin and the lymph nodes. The cause of German Measles is the rubella virus. Thankfully, due to vaccination programs, this disease is kept much more in control than was evidenced back in 1969.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
- A child who's mother had the German measles passes immunity for a year.
- If you have not had the German measles you need to have the vaccine. Do not get pregnant for 3 months after having the immunization.
- Isolate the infected person in an dimly lit room and if rash breaks out close to eyes take extra care.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Catnip Tea or Garlic Enemas
If fever should be present, drinking Catnip Tea or using Garlic Enemas can take the fever down.
Clove & Peppermint Tea
Symptomatic relief can be obtained from both Clove and Peppermint Tea.
Maitake, Shiitake, and Reishi Mushrooms
These three herbs are immune system boosters.
Goldenseal Extract/Echinacea Extract
Using alcohol-free goldenseal extract under the tongue can assist in removing bacteria and viruses, as well as ease coughing. Another method would be to get a goldenseal/echinacea extract combination readily available at any health food store. Echinacea is thought to be helpful in treating the immune system
3 drops 3 times daily for children 3-10 years of age; 1 dropperful 3 times daily for children over 10 and adults. Keep the extract under the tongue for a few seconds before you swallow it. Use for three days.
If you are pregnant, do not use goldenseal. Also limit your use of goldenseal to seven-day treatments.
Other names that designate lobelia are Indian Tobacco, Asthma Weed, Pukeweed, and Vomitwort. The reason Native Americans used this herb was to treat respiratory and muscle ailments, as well as a purgative. Today, it can be used to induce vomiting, a stimulant, an antispasmodic, an expectorant, an diaphoretic, a relaxant, a nauseant, a sedative, a nervine, and also a diuretic.
1/2 teaspoon extract every 4-5 hours for pain.
Limit your usage of lobelia internally and do not use for long stretches.
To lessen the symptoms of German measles and control the virus, keep Olive Oil Extract handy.
- A child with German measles should not take aspirin.
- Isolate yourself from others until one week after the rash has gone away. It is especially important to stay away from pregnant women and children.
- Stay away from processed foods.
- Stay in bed until fever and rash are gone.
- Water, juices, and vegetable broths are recommended forms of fluid.