Information on Strontium 90 (Radiation Sickness)
Notes, Nutrients, Herbs/Supplements, and Advice
Back to Disorder Library
Strontium 90 (Radiation Sickness)
Radiation sickness occurs as a result of exposure to too much radiation. Cancer, mental retardation, cataracts, etc. can occur when a person is exposed to a large amount of radiation. Poisoning from Strontium 90 (SR-90) can occur if a person has been exposed to it, usually through a nuclear power plant.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
- Radiation is monitored more closely now than in previous years and has been reduced in cancer treatments.
- A study on rats stated that a rat given orange juice before radiation had less damage than a rat given water before radiation.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Aids in guarding from dangerous radiation.
Never use on a regular basis and not for any more than a week. You can damage the liver with use over a long period of time.
- Diet should include apples, buckwheat lemons, avocados, and cold-pressed safflower and olive oils.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit cell phone usage. Use a radiation filter for your computer screens.
- Test your home for radon.
- Do not have x-rays if you are pregnant.